A musical journey for you and your little one
Hello baby, welcome to the world
Here's astar to light your journey,
And to watch as it's unfurled
Did you know that making music part of you and your baby's day can be a great way to:
- make daily routines more fun
- help your baby to communicate and learn from you
- help you connect and bond with your baby
- help your baby's learning and development?
You know your child is special, but did you also know that your little one is special to us?
Astar is our way of connecting with Scotland's children from birth and beyond. We're your Orchestra, and we're making a lifetime commitment to your child. We'll be there as your little one grows, to offer advice, ideas and live experiences every step of the way. This includes:
- the RSNO Astar app (available for iOS and Android) containing tracks from the original Astar CD.
- live Experiences – concerts and workshops – for every year of their childhood.
Music is a great way of building your relationship with your baby. Music creates a space for being together – for sharing rhythms, emotions, and playfulness. So whatever tasks the two of your are getting up to, Astar has tracks that can make that experience richer for you and your baby; because human brains are born ready and eager for relationships.
Dr Suzanne Zeedyk, Developmental Psychologist
Honorary Fellow, University of Dundee