RSNO to perform the Music of John Williams at Glasgow’s famous SEC Armadillo Posted Thu 1 December 2022
The Royal Scottish National Orchestra (RSNO) will be bringing music by Hollywood’s most recognised composer to the SEC Armadillo next year. The concert, originally due to take place at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, will feature favourites from Star Wars, Superman, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and Saving Private Ryan.
The announcement comes as the RSNO has confirmed new venues for five of its concerts next year whilst the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (GRCH) closes for an eight-week period. Glasgow Life announced the £2 million investment in August, replacing the seats in the Main Auditorium and carrying out electrical upgrades to stage lifts to improve accessibility. The work is scheduled to start on Monday 6 February 2023 and will run for eight weeks, finishing on Friday 31 March 2023.
The following RSNO concerts will be affected by the Main Auditorium closure:
- Pictures at an Exhibition – was Sat 4 Mar 2023, now Sun 5 Mar 2023: 7.30pm, Glasgow City Halls
- Rachmaninov’s Symphonic Dances – was Sat 11 Mar 2023, now Sun 12 Mar 2023: 7.30pm, Glasgow City Halls
- Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No5 – was Sat 18 Mar 2023, now Sun 19 Mar 2023: 7.30pm, Glasgow City Halls
- John Williams at the Oscars – Sat 25 Mar 2023, SEC Armadillo
- A Festival of Brahms – was Sat 1 Apr 2023, now Sun 2 Apr 2023: 7.30pm, Glasgow City Hall
- Video Games in Concert – Sat 24 Feb 2023: 7.30pm – NEW DATE Tue 2 May 2023: 7.30pm, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Video Games in Concert – Sun 25 Feb 2023: 7.30pm – NEW DATE Wed 3 May 2023: 7.30pm, Usher Hall, Edinburgh
In addition to the to live concerts, one of the RSNO’s Digital Season broadcasts has also changed. For the first time, the RSNO Digital Team will capture a concert at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh. The concert featuring Mozart’s Piano Concerto No12 and Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No5 will be filmed on Friday 17 March 2023, to be broadcast on the RSNO website the following Friday, 24 March 2023. This will be an exciting opportunity for digital audiences to see the Orchestra perform in another one of the RSNO’s home venues.
Current ticket holders have been contacted by the RSNO and informed of the new venues and dates. Customers are asked to contact the GRCH box office on firstname.lastname@example.org with any ticketing queries.