The Youth Assembly will consist of eight young people, aged between 18-23, who are based in Scotland. Members will:
- Provide insight– use your knowledge of what appeals to young people to help both RSNO and SCO make decisions and develop new ideas
- Raise awareness– use your networks to help young people and those that work with young people understand and engage with the work of RSNO and SCO
- Gain experience– of leadership and governance within the creative industries
We welcome young people with a range of experience to apply to join the Youth Assembly – you don’t have to be a musician or have a background in classical music. We are interested in hearing from young people who are passionate about music and the arts, and who wish to make our work more accessible to other young people. Ideally, you will already have experience of volunteering, designing projects, taking part in campaigns or representing young people, for example in school council or societies.
Before making an application, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Be 18-23 years old at the time of application
- Be able to sign up to an 18-month term of service on the Assembly and attend the majority of scheduled activity
- Live/be based in Scotland for the duration of your time on the Assembly
Successful candidates will have a willingness to participate in group discussions/activity and able to demonstrate how their participation can support their own development and desire to advance a career in the arts. We encourage applications from young people from any background.
Please download the RSNO & SCO Youth Assembly Information Pack here for further information including the schedule and further instructions on application process.
Click here to apply. Applications close on Monday 7 August 2023 at 12pm.
For more information, please contact RSNO Lead Project Manager Rosie Kenneally at Engage@rsno.org.uk or on 07719 513 071