Introduce Nursery to P2 children (age 3-6) to the magic of classical music with Yoyo & The Little Auk – a new and inspiring Scottish adventure from the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and Visible Fictions, supported by Year of Stories 2022.
When a terrible storm hits a flock of birds flying thousands of miles across the ocean, one little auk lands with a plop on a clump of purple heather in Inverkithkin – a charming town smack bang in the middle of Scotland. The lost bird is found by Yoyo, a little girl who is getting ready for her favourite night of the year – the night of the Inverkithkin Ceilidh…
Yoyo & The Little Auk, narrated by actor James Cosmo (The Chronicles of Narnia, Game of Thrones, Braveheart), is brought to life with a world-class creative team including Scottish BAFTA-winning animator Gavin C Robinson, author Stewart Ennis, composer Euan Stevenson, director Dougie Irvine and producer Laura Penny.
Families, nurseries, early years centres and primary schools across the UK can sign-up for free by clicking here.
Yoyo & The Little Auk includes:
- Live concert experiences across Scotland with animation, interactive workshopping, and an RSNO ensemble. Book live concert tickets here.
- An animated concert film to watch in your nursery, classroom or living room. Free and accessible to all, in English with British Sign Language (BSL) and Gaelic.
- Specially created digital learning resources to be used in educational/home settings by teachers and parents.
- Digital CPD/learning event for teachers and parents.
- Four virtual interactive workshops, beamed straight to your nursery, classroom or living room.